Frequently Asked Questions
Have you changed your formula?
Our baking soda-based deodorants have used the same formula (for Primal Pit Paste and Pretty Frank) since our founder, Amy, started making them in her kitchen over ten years ago. We did add a slight bit of Candelilla wax in 2015 to all of the baking soda-based jars to prevent the complete melting of the product.
Is Pretty Frank cruelty-free?
You better believe it. Every single Pretty Frank product is Leaping Bunny Certified and only tested on willing humans.
Is your packaging recyclable?
100%. Our glass jars, glass bottles, and lotion bar boxes are accepted anywhere you can recycle. Pretty Frank deodorant sticks, body powder tubes, lip balms, and mini jars are #5. All lids and caps are also #5.
What does Pretty Frank mean?
“Pretty Frank” is a nod to our bold, outspoken personality and commitment to total transparency. To read more about our name change, check our our blog here
How can I place a wholesale order?
If you own a brick and mortar store and would like to sell our stuff, please contact email@example.com.
I can’t find what I’m looking for.
Reach out to us at support@heyprettyfrank and we’ll point you in the right direction.
Do you use sustainable shipping materials?
Absolutely, all shipments come in a recyclable box and are packaged with organic naturally derived plant based starches biodegradable packing peanuts that dissolve in water. They are food-grade like our pit paste so dip one in and give it a taste! (Discloser: even though our products are safe if consumed, we do not recommend eating them 😜)
Do you offer mini/travel sizes?
You bet. We have mini packs available so you can try out different scents and formulas before committing to a full-sized jar or stick. You can find minis here.
How long does one Jar or Stick last?
It depends how much you use. We recommend no more than a pea-sized amount under each pit, or 1-2 swipes under each arm. Each jar or stick should last you up to 3 months.
Does Pretty Frank Have a Baking Soda Free Formula?
Absolutely. Our Baking Soda Free formula combines the best parts of Zinc and Magnesium to create an extra gentle, yet effective formula.
Will Pretty Frank keep me from sweating?
Nope. You’re supposed to sweat – it’s part of your body’s natural detox process. But don’t worry, even though Pretty Frank pit paste isn’t an antiperspirant, it keeps you feelin’ dry and fresh with organic plant-based powders that absorb the moisture.
Can I use Pretty Frank Deodorant on my privates?
Sure. Our deodorant is pure enough to put anywhere. Feel free to use it on your bits, your feet, or under your boobs - wherever you need odor protection. Just be sure to patch test beforehand to make sure you're not sensitive to the essential oils in your favorite scent. Unscented is a good option if you are. If you prefer something a bit drier, check out our talc-free body powders.
Will Pretty Frank stain my cloths?
Because our products are formulated with a base of coconut oil and shea butter, over-application can cause staining. That's why we recommend no more than a pea sized amount under each pit or even split between both pits - it's one of those ‘a little goes a long way’ things. If you’ve got the stick, 1-2 swipes under each arm is plenty. And you should always wait a few minutes before getting dressed to make sure the product is fully absorbed.
What is the shelf life of Pretty Frank Deodorants?
Our deodorants have a best by date of 2 years.
What is Skin Soothing Oil for?
We originally made it to soothe pit irritation or to layer under pit paste and protect skin that’s just a little sensitive.
But listening to customers rave reviews we see it can be used for much more and makes a great after-shave oil to prevent razor burn, a calming facial oil, a beard oil, or an all-purpose skin soother.
Is Pretty Frank vegan?
Our Baking Soda deodorant sticks and lip balms are made with organic beeswax. Otherwise, if it’s on our site, it’s vegan.
Yes! Our products are made with certified organic ingredients.
Absolutely. When we say no B.S., we mean it.
100%. Welcome, gluten-free friends.
Absolutely not. All of our products are petroleum free which means we don't hide behind common greenwashing terms for petroleum such as earthwax or ozokerite.
Do you use fragrance?
What are we, insane? We never use synthetic fragrance - even though that means never fulfilling our dreams of making deodorant that smells like birthday cake. Everything we’ve got is scented with pure essential oils only.
Most personal care products are filled with up to 70% water. Pretty Frank uses either water-free or water-less formulas. Since 2012 we have saved around 40k gallons of water! We are proud to be doing our part to preserve one of earth's most precious resources.
Shipping & Returns
Visit our terms and conditions here: https://pretty-frank.com/pages/terms-and-conditions to view our Shipping and Returns policies.
We got ‘em. Here they are:
- P3 Pure products are available for purchase online for personal use. Wholesale purchases are not available on pretty-frank.com at this time.
- Sales, offers, and promotions through pretty-frank.com are for P3 Pure customers only and are not available for Wholesale account holders.
- To make a purchase for resale, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get approved for a wholesale account to be an approved reseller.
- Our products are NOT available for resale without an approved Wholesale account. Unauthorized resellers will be contacted by P3 Pure, LLC and/or any representative parties to ensure that there is no violation of this policy at any time.
- Order total before taxes and and shipping charges cannot exceed $350 USD on pretty-frank.com.
- Actual product packaging and materials may vary from what is displayed on the website as we continue to improve our options to be able to offer the best products possible. P3 Pure is not responsible for any package variations from what is shown on our website listings.
- As all our ingredients are natural and organic with no additives whatsoever, our products are best if used within 18 months (if left unopened) or 12 months after opening. Please choose your product quantities carefully when purchasing. All our products are handcrafted and therefore are made weekly to ensure that our customers receive the freshest products. As such, we do not stock or sell outdated or expired products. P3 Pure is not liable for product that has expired after it has been received by the customer if it has not been used before the "Best By" date on the product.
- Some of our products are made with ingredients that allow the product to melt at body temperature. During warmer months, these products can get very warm in transit and could melt. P3 Pure is not responsible if a product arrives melted, and in most cases you should be able to stir the product with the included wooden stick, pop the products into the fridge, return back to room temperature, and use as normal. Please note we are not able to replace or refund these items if they melt in transit. All P3 Pure products should be stored at room temperature.
- P3 Pure, LLC reserves the right to modify product offerings and/or pricing at any time.